Forum Topic

With bad service from a bank I was told on phoning them that my letter of apology was on the file waiting to be sent.  When it did not arrive I rang and questioned them again and again and found that apparently the letter had been written by a junior member of staff and it had not been passed by someone higher up the ladder.  Now if anyone told me something like that I just would not believe them.We are two and when we moved to Ovo they tried to bill us both - it could have got very confusing and we would have been out of pocket if we had both paid but we phoned and eventually and luckily we managed to get just the one bill.However we were quarterly and they seem to have decided that they want money monthly.  We pay but it will never be as timely because they want to receive payment in seven days  but when you consider the time that it has taken a bill to reach us by post seven days are likely to have passed.  We also do not want to do direct debit because of the way that many companies were charging much too much and I've heard of them refusing to reduce the amount. We also discovered that when any of these companies go bust the companies kept any monies overpaid and the public purse reimburses customers for monies overpaid rather than the companies themselves.  (Maybe that has changed now. I hope so.)  I always read the meter and put the reading on the bill together with the date the bill was received.  It was much better paying quarterly - although of course now it is so much more expensive.There is still something very odd about these smart meters.  At first the problem was that you could not change companies  because the next company couldn't read the that smart meter. but now with a second type they seem to be working - well mostly.  We have had to deal with one business one which had to have someone to come and physically read it as the new company could not receive the smart meter reading. I think eventually we got a new smartmeter but that one stopped working after a while.  Interestingly someone else who deals with these and nothing to do with the company we were paying money to said that he could read it - and he could.  So I wonder if there is a middleman there somewhere that the company just did not want to pay?I do think they could have been tried out more before they were foisted on us.

Philippa Bond ● 225d

I was with SSE for 40 years and more with no problems but when OVO took over from them it has all gone pear-shaped. OVO are driving people to a nervous breakdown. The following is what I recently sent to the debt agency.. "I have been in dispute with OVO since January 2023. The Ombudsman severely criticised OVO regarding the way it has treated me from that date until I joined another energy provider in May 2023. The Ombudsman has slammed OVO for the lack of communication between OVO and myself and also their lack of communication with the Ombudsman itself. I have proof of emails sent to OVO complaints over the past few months that have not been answered + proof of Trustpilot reviews I have posted dozens of times which each time have been answered by a robot saying how sorry they are for my bad experience and asking for contact details so they can remedy the situation - but never does. I have proof of the same responses on OVO's own Facebook page. And the saga still goes on. On OVO'S own page recently I complained that I was still waiting for a written apology from them which the Ombudsman demanded plus paper billing from the time I was tricked into signing up to OVO from SSE in January.And OVO reply 17-8-23."Hi Neil,I can see the letter of apology on your account, would you like this sending out via post or through email?Thanks,Nikkita."And my response. 17-8-23."Through post please and will you please send the paper billing from January 2023 when I was tricked into changing from SSE to OVO that I have repeatedly requested until the time  I changed to *****?"And OVO reply 17-8-23.  "I have requested for these to be sent out via post, please allow 5-10 working days to receive the documents.Thanks,Nikkita.And today I received instead a letter stating that a debt collecting agency is going to chase an alleged debt of £142-63 plus a £20 charge to cover the cost of collection. Well all I can say is see you in court OVO."And 23 days later still no postal delivery from OVO.

Neil Milkins ● 232d