Forum Topic

I think on Bens rationale I would apply as I'm intrigued but as my company often engages M R we do have to argue with the findings and the questions asked.Too often we have had reports of what they think we want to hear and steer but it's often way off.I too have never had a parking ticket but in my voluntary work have helped a lot of people, mainly Blue Badge holders who get very stressed at having to make representations or appeals.  I'm pleased to say that nearly all have been successful but that's with help and expertise and a lot of footwork.  Not something a great many can do when they have enough on their plate already.If it is genuine to bring some improvements ( especially with Hospital trusts who are ignoring the Govt Mandatory regulations which are online and still valid for 2023) then that can be a good thing.  When a Hospital has less dedicated Disabled spaces than a DIY centre car park ( which is 100% free to use ) theres something really wrong. By very nature, there is bound to be a very high proportion of Blue Badge Holders at medical facilities and not all are well off.Which is why the ULEZ extension is a scandal. A significant proportion of the so called 'polluting vehicles' actually come in with less than 0.08 N0x at MoTs and a great many older vehicles over 16 year old pass the test and record very low annual mileages.So replacing these vehicles with newer vehicles with virtually the same emission levels achieves what exactly?  it's win win for the second hand car business but a massive waste of raw materials which increases no decreases the carbon footprint. Couple that with the huge amount of infrastructure and energy required for the massive enforcement network and the carbon offset is ..more than 20 years.So is this really for a different reason.Either way it hits the elderly, mobility restricted and disabled hardest. With only those on benefits with any concession which is a tiny percentage of those with disabilities or age related limitations.So I can hope this time this research does get the right people and a clear and honest picture.  But I remain rather sceptical as it seldom turns out that way.

Raymond Havelock ● 423d