Forum Topic

After one exchange with Mason, I formed the opinion that he was a moral fraud and public liar. He wrote: “Do email me on peter.mason@ealing.gov.uk to raise specific issues about the Borough”. I took him at his word wrote to him at length about a problem that had become institutionalised in council whereby officers dealing with complaints against fellow senior colleagues claimed the matter had already been dealt with.  And when asked where, when and by whom, igored the correspondence.  I cited several officers who had behaved in this way . The most shameful of all Ms Reynolds, she is responsible for the complaints procedure but disregarded all the provisions in its protocol in handling a complaint against a fellow senior officer.  I asked What system he would put in place so that complaints against senior officers could be heard by a panel independent of their senior colleagues. I put the matter to him on 12.6.21.  Despite three reminders (19.7.31, 18.8.21, 20.9.21), I have not received even the courtesy of an acknowledgement, let alone a reply of substance.I formed the opinion that Mr Mason is a moral fraud, a man who does not keep his word, who cannot be trusted.Mason has stated: “I will lead an open, inclusive and transparent council, that engages local people in the challenges we face.”  That is so far from the of truth in my experience of the man, that, based upon my experience of him, it is not unreasonable of me to allege that he is a PUBLIC LIAR.His failure to engage with me on this serious issue is in effect a cover- up. We have a Council Leader who “engages” with residents by ignoring their representations, which has the effect of frustrating the consideration of allegations against senior officers according to due process! 

Andrew Farmer ● 527d